Make your own tangy Feta, Greek Yogurt and Yogurt Cream Cheese! These mouth-watering treats are ancient and typically found in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern regions. Now you can create your own delicious versions at home!
The Yogurt and Feta Cheese Kit includes these carefully selected and tested supplies:
- Instructions With Tips and Variations
- Unlimited Email Support As Needed
- Fine Mesh, 100% Cotton Cheesecloth also known as Butter Muslin
- Thermometer - Glass Diary Thermometer or Metal Probe Thermometer
- Gluten-free, Vegetarian Rennet Tablets
- Yogurt Starter Cultures
- Pure, Non-Iodized Flake Salt also known as Cheese Salt
What you need: Simply add milk, follow the simple illustrated instructions and you will be eating and sharing homemade, all-natural Feta, Greek Yogurt and Yogurt Cream Cheese! Pasteurized store-bought or raw farm-fresh milk both work. Make sure your store bought milk is not ultra-pasteurized or UHT, ultra-heat pasteurized.
Dietary guidelines: The Greek Yogurt & Feta Cheese Kit is gluten free, Non-GMO and vegetarian friendly.
Quantity: The Yogurt & Feta Cheese Kit makes at least 8 batches of Feta cheese and about 24 batches of Yogurt treats. A batch is about 8 oz - 1.5 lbs. (depending on what you make), so you'll have plenty of supplies to experiment with different herbs, shapes and recipes.
Time needed: Though these are not instant treats, the wait time is minimal and so worth it!
- Plain Yogurt (our starter) is ready in 12+ hours
- Greek Yogurt takes another 4+ hours
- Yogurt Cream Cheese takes another 8+ hours
- Feta requires 1/4 cup of yogurt (store bought or homemade) and is ready in 1 week- compare to recipes that take 3 months!
Good to know: This kit is for a level 2 beginner and a great introduction into aging and culturing. This kit is perfect for someone who has made a couple of simple fresh cheeses like paneer and our quick mozzarella. The steps are not more difficult but the recipes take longer and require the confidence acquired with a little familiarity.
FOOD SAFETY AND HANDLING:
The kits and supplies are hand-poured, hand-folded and assembled in a food-safe, fully-licensed facilities that strictly follow the Department of Agriculture cleaning guidelines. The food items are all gluten-free but packaged in a room that may come in contact with wheat, soy, corn, nuts and other food allergens.
Shelf Life for the Yogurt & Feta Cheese Kit shelf life is 2 years. Store rennet tablets and yogurt culture in the freezer after purchase.