If you love luscious cheese and a hands-on cooking class, you will love this deep dive into the alluring melter that is Raclette. This class is perfect if you've been curious about Raclette but don't quite know how to Raclette. That's right, it's a cheese, it's an activity, it can also be the name of the grill it's melted on!
Cheesemaker and Urban Cheesecraft founder, Claudia Lucero, will guide students through this immersive experience.
You will learn to select various pairings and set yourself up for a complete Raclette party. Then you will melt, pair and taste Raclette with local wine, as well as traditional and non-traditional pairings. It is a full meal to delight your tastebuds!
- Discover Raclette the cheese and Raclette the practice while we melt a wheel using a wheel broiler.
- Melt slices of Raclette throughout the meal at your own personal melting stations (every person manages their own candlelight griddle)
- Taste Raclette melted with herbs, spices and garlic
- Build your base plates with traditional pairings of baby potatoes and a variety of seasonal pickles
- Discover non-traditional pairings and note all your favorites.
- Try sweet pairings for a final dessert bite
- Enjoy this experience with local wine.
- Learn to re-create this experience at home.
Trying two ways of melting Raclette, plus our various accompaniments makes it incredibly fun to taste and find favorite combinations. Each palette is unique and findings can be surprising!
Location - Marshall's Haute Sauce Tasting Room
5397 SE Malden Dr, Portland, OR 97206
Date - February 17, 2024
Time - 2:30pm-4pm
Good to know:
- We will enjoy all this family meal style.
- This class will be full at 8 students.
- Raclette melting kits can be added to your ticket upon request. A few may be available for purchase in class.
Updated Covid-19 vaccinations or negative tests strongly encouraged.