In-Person Raclette & Wine Tasting - Woven Wineworks - Thursday April 6, 2023
If you love wine, cheese and a hands-on cooking class, you will love this deep dive into the alluring melter that is Raclette. In this interactive pairing and tasting experience we will not be making cheese (for a change!) but we will work together to melt, pair and taste both a Swiss Raclette and a French Raclette with traditional and non-traditional pairings, plus four local wines. Our taste buds will be busy!
Urban Cheesecraft is delighted to partner with local winemaker Woven Wineworks for this taste adventure.
Thursday April 6, 2023
Portland, Oregon U.S.
While eating and drinking are already necessarily hands-on, this evening will go beyond a passive restaurant experience. Not unlike a cooking class, you will be an active participant as you choose pairings, try new combinations and learn about your palette. There is no wrong pairing. If you like it, it works! This is you and Raclette, getting up close and personal.
We will welcome you with a glass of chilled bubbly and with guidance you will:
- Learn about Raclette the cheese, and Raclette the practice while we melt a wheel using a stand-up wheel melter
- Melt your own slices at your own personal melting station/tea light grill
- Taste both Swiss and French Raclette
- Build your custom plate with traditional pairings of baby potatoes, cornichon and other pickles
- Pair and enjoy your plate with a flight of wine curated by Woven Wineworks
- Discover non-traditional pairings and note all your favorites
Bonus - try sweet pairings for a final dessert bite!
A combination of demonstration and hands-on teaching will be utilized with 75% of our time spent hands-on for maximum fun with melting, pairing and tasting!
More about the wine:
The curated wine flight to pair and taste with our Raclette will feature a Woven Wineworks white, rosé, and red as well as a welcome pour of their '17 Joyful Bubbly Brut Sparkling. This variety along with a Swiss Raclette and a French Raclette, plus our various accompaniments make it incredibly fun to taste and find favorite combinations. Each palette is unique and findings can be surprising!
Covid-19 vaccinations and boosters are required (or proof of negative test within 24 hours of class). Masks are welcome when you are not eating or drinking.
- Although Raclette is a mild, luscious, nutty cheese some people find it to be stinky and stop before even tasting it. It does not taste like it smells however, but the scent may "welcome you" to our class! :)
- This class is not strictly vegetarian or gluten-free but the nature of the customization and variety makes it very friendly to both, join us!
- All supplies and equipment provided.
- You will receive an email after purchase with a ticket attached. No need to bring it with you. We will have your name/s on a list when you arrive. You will also be sent a calendar invitation.
Woven Wineworks is a local producer of excellent wines. This event will take place in their new private tasting room in Portland, Oregon.
Please allow ample time for traffic and parking. We will start class on time and really don't want you to miss any part of it!