In-Person Burrata Class - Portland Cookshop - Saturday May 6, 2023
If you enjoy a cooking class you will love a cheesemaking class with Urban Cheesecraft's founder and author of four cheesemaking books, Claudia Lucero.
Please contact us to receive an email alert for the next scheduled class.
We will craft four different cheeses ending in glorious burrata. In this process you will learn the basic steps of most cheese making. No experience is required.
Saturday, May 6 2023
Portland, Oregon U.S.
In order to make burrata we will essentially make four cheeses with the grand finale being tender, luscious burrata. In the process you will learn about burrata's inventive history. This class is a must for burrata lovers! We will make:
- Nodini and Stringale (string cheese and the knots popular in the birthplace of Burrata)
- Mozzarella (tender balls of stretched and folded curd)
- Stracciatella (creamy burrata filling)
- Burrata (the grand finale using all of the skills learned with the cheeses above)
Bonus! Option to stuff your burrata with a non-traditional filling to create custom, surprise burrata not found in stores.
A combination of demonstration and hands-on teaching will be utilized with 75% of our time spent hands-on for maximum fun with stretching and shaping of our cheeses. It is much easier than it looks (using pro tips) and even more fun than it looks!
Covid-19 vaccinations and boosters are required (or proof of negative test within 24 hours of class). Masks are welcome when you are not eating or drinking.
- Every student will take home their cheeses made in class.
- All supplies and equipment provided.
- Feel free to bring your own apron - it can get splashy.
- Wine, beer and kombucha will be available for purchase in class.
- You will receive an email after purchase with a ticket attached. No need to bring it with you. We will have your name/s on a list when you arrive. You will also be sent a calendar invitation.
- Cheesemaking books and kits will be available for purchase so you can make more cheese at home!
Portland Cookshop is a culinary event space in Portland, Oregon.
2625 SE 26th Avenue Portland, Oregon 97202
This is a popular area of town with many restaurants and cafes you can enjoy before or after class. Please allow ample time for parking though.
We will start class on time!