Enjoy an interactive activity with your small group! Much like a good cooking class, your group will learn via a professional demonstration and then enjoy hands-on practice as we stretch mozzarella and string cheese.
We choose the date and location together for a custom experience that works for your party.
Claudia Lucero, founder of Urban Cheesecraft will lead your group in shaping tender balls of mozzarella and fun knots of string cheese in this interactive, hands-on class. You will enjoy cheese in class and each person will make cheese to take and enjoy at home as well.
Who - Six lucky people! Friends, family, co-workers, you choose.
Gifting Made Easy - After purchase you will receive an email with a link to download your class ticket. You can email a copy of the ticket for electronic gifts, or you can print tickets to wrap and give as physical gifts.
Location - Portland, Oregon at one of our partners' beautiful urban wineries or culinary event spaces.
Date - To be chosen after purchase. Typically we need at least one month's notice. We generally have availability for afternoon, evening and sometimes weekend time slots. Reply to your confirmation email when you are ready to schedule.
You simply show up with your group and we take care of the rest!
- Your group will be welcomed with a tasty appetizer.
- Claudia will demonstrate the process of stretching curd into custom mozzarella and string cheese.
- You will also learn to flavor and shape your cheeses for custom creations not found in stores.
- Then we let the curd and good times fly as you all try your hand at shaping and flavoring your own cheeses!
- Claudia will be there for continued guidance and questions as you learn by doing.
- The class concludes with a fun show and tell - just like a cooking TV show without the stressful judging!
Kits and books can be added for your group by request when we set the date. If the class takes place in a winery, wine will be available for purchase.
Questions? Contact us!
Covid-19 vaccinations, boosters required, and masks encouraged when practical.