Do you have a special occasion coming up? Let's melt some Raclette! If you love luscious cheese and a hands-on cooking class, you will love this deep dive into the alluring melter that is Raclette.
In this interactive pairing and tasting experience we will not be making cheese (for a change!) but we will work together to melt, pair and taste Raclette with traditional and non-traditional pairings. It is a full meal to delight your tastebuds!
This event will go beyond a passive restaurant experience. Not unlike a cooking class, you will be an active participant as you choose pairings, try new combinations and learn about your palette. There is no wrong pairing. If you like it, it works! This is you and Raclette, getting up close and personal.
Your group will:
- Discover Raclette the cheese and Raclette the practice while we melt a wheel using a wheel broiler.
- Sip a local wine or tea pairing (your choice).
- Melt slices of Raclette throughout the meal at your own personal melting stations (every person manages their own candlelight griddle).
- Taste Raclette melted with herbs, spices and garlic.
- Build your base plates with traditional pairings of baby potatoes and a variety of seasonal pickles.
- Discover non-traditional pairings and note all your favorites.
- Try sweet pairings for a final dessert bite.
- Learn to re-create this experience at home.
Trying two ways of melting Raclette, plus our various accompaniments makes it incredibly fun to taste and find favorite combinations. Each palette is unique and findings can be surprising! This event works equally for families, groups of friends and co-workers.
You simply show up with your group and we take care of the rest!
With our Raclette party you have a memorable plug and play special event for your group. Show up, enjoy and leave the mess to us.
Who - Up to 8 lucky people! Friends, family, co-workers, you choose.
Gifting Made Easy - After purchase you will receive an email with a link to download your class ticket. You can email a copy of the ticket for electronic gifts, or you can print tickets to wrap and give as physical gifts (we can add a cheesemaking kit if you'd like).
Location - Portland, Oregon at one of our partners' beautiful urban wineries, culinary event spaces or, your local kitchen if you prefer.
Date - To be chosen together. Typically we need at least one month's notice though it can be 8-12 weeks if you purchase in Nov. or Dec. We generally have availability for afternoon, evening and sometimes weekend time slots. Reply to your confirmation email when you are ready to schedule. Please read refund and rescheduling info below before purchasing.
Time - This event designed to be just under 2 hours long.
- Kits and books can be added for your group by request when we set the date.
- If the class takes place in a winery, bottles will be available for purchase.
- Updated Covid-19 vaccinations or new negative tests strongly encouraged.
REFUND & RESCHEDULING: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
Once we have agreed upon your event date, you have 7 days to make one date change. No additional date changes will be possible.
In the unlikely event of a total cancellation, refunds of 60% may be issued up to two weeks before the set event date as we will have incurred significant expenses on your behalf by this point. Thank you for your understanding.