Dairy Free Parmesan Style Sprinkles
Sometimes you just need salty, crunchy bits on spaghetti and baked eggplant right? There are many versions of nut and seed-based sprinkles you can make. Here is the basic technique - feel free to experiment to your heart's content!
Need supplies? Try an Urban Cheesecraft Dairy Free Mozzarella and Ricotta Kit and you'll not only have nutritional yeast and citric acid but everything else you need to make bonus vegan and paleo cheese for Italian meals!
- 1/2 cup or blend of roasted pine nuts, cashews, walnuts, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, almonds, sunflower, hemp and sesame seeds or even almond flour in a pinch
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- big pinch dairy-free citric acid or dry lemon zest, optional
- Mini food processor or hand blender
- Storage jar
- 1/2 cup
Low-tech version- crush it all in plastic bag with a rolling pin!
- Cover and store in the refrigerator
- Use within 1 week