Enjoy an interactive cheesemaking adventure with your small group! Much like a good cooking class, you and your group will learn via a professional live demonstration and hands-on practice as you flavor and shape your cheese.
Choose from mozzarella, burrata, goat cheese, paneer and string cheese.
We choose the date and location together for a custom experience that works for your party. You will receive an email invitation that you can forward or print as a gift.
Claudia Lucero, founder of Urban Cheesecraft will lead your group in making cheese - you choose if you want to shape tender balls of mozzarella and fun knots of string cheese or tasty wheels of fresh cheese in this interactive, hands-on class. Your group will enjoy cheese in class and each person will make cheese to take and enjoy at home as well.
Who - Up to 8 lucky people! Friends, family, co-workers, you choose.
Gifting Made Easy - After purchase you will receive an email with a link to download your class ticket. You can email a copy of the ticket for electronic gifts, or you can print tickets to wrap and give as physical gifts (we can add a cheesemaking kit if you'd like).
Location - Portland, Oregon at one of our partners' beautiful urban wineries, culinary event spaces or, your local kitchen if you prefer.
Date - To be chosen together. Typically we need at least one month's notice though it can be 8-12 weeks if you purchase in Nov. or Dec. We generally have availability for afternoon, evening and sometimes weekend time slots. Reply to your confirmation email when you are ready to schedule. Please read refund and rescheduling info below before purchasing.
Time - Classes are designed to be just under 2 hours long.
You simply show up with your group and we take care of the rest!
- Your group will be welcomed with a tasty appetizer and beverage; including a glass of local wine if you're group is interested.
- Claudia will demonstrate the process of transforming milk into curd and curd into cheese.
- She will teach you to make wheels, balls, strings or pouches (depending on which cheese you choose).
- You will also learn to flavor and shape your cheese for custom creations not found in stores.
- Then it's your turn. Armed with all manner of cheese knowledge you try your hand at shaping and flavoring your own cheeses.
- Claudia will be there for continued guidance and questions as you learn by doing.
- The class concludes with a fun show and tell - just like a cooking TV show without the stressful judging!
- Kits and books can be added for your group by request when we set the date.
- If the class takes place in a winery, wine will be available for purchase.
- Updated Covid-19 vaccinations or negative tests strongly encouraged.
REFUND & RESCHEDULING: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
Once we have agreed upon your event date, you have 7 days to make one date change. No additional date changes will be possible.
In the unlikely event of a total cancellation, refunds of 60% may be issued up to two weeks before the set event date as we will have incurred significant expenses on your behalf by this point. Thank you for your understanding.